Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Make a Wish and a Vent

I'm going to VENT (without a lot of dialog) - be forewarned, don't feel bad if you want to bypass it. Just go past the dotted line.

I had my post written and ready to go and Kevin mentions something that had been discussed at work. I was completely outraged!!!

Listen very carefully... If you want to KILL someone or someones, do it with a car and you will more than likely get away with it.

One of Kevin's employee's niece and her friend were killed almost 1 1/2 years ago. The final sentencing was yesterday and...

The DRUNK woman driving the vehicle hit both girls and killed them, leaving 2 small children behind plus a devastated family. She will serve 90 days in jail with no apology.

Is that justice?

****************************************************************************************
Good morning!!! Oh, can you believe it is actually October 1st? I'm still reeling!

Just a reminder to you that all the New Releases and there's a bunch plus lots of extra goodies are now available for purchase at CD Stamps. If you didn't know, Lori (owner) has lots of other fun stuff for sale - nestabilities, cuttlebug folders, Bind it All (and stuff), Stickles, really cool and different brads, and lots of other goodies.

October 1st also means the beginning a crazy fall for me. I have to get going on 3 Halloween costumes. This year, Hunter says he wants to be a pirate. It works out pretty cool, because the twins are going to be pirates too. We decided that I would make a fancier pirate costume for Hunter and Nate and Will can be "grungier" pirates (lol).

Its definitely a sign of something that Hunter chose to be a pirate for Halloween. He is going to be 9 in December and ever since he was 4 years old, he has been Robin Hood - EVERY SINGLE YEAR. I had to remake the costume 3 times.

Then, my MIL birthday is Nov. 1st, SIL is Nov. 13th, Kevin's is Nov. 17th, Nate and Will is Nov. 19th, and Hunter's is Dec. 1st, my nephew is Dec. 2nd, my sister's is Dec. 12th, my Grandmother's is Dec 23rd ( I'm pretty sure) and MIL's husband's is Dec. 27th (I think). Phewww... I'm just tired typing it all out.

So now that you know when to send all the gifts (hehe), I'll get on with my sketch card. I am very happy to be able to say that I got to Lauren Meader's saturday sketch. It was definitely a fun one to do. I was at my local Michaels and they had completely revamped their stamp sections. There was a huge display of new Inkadinkado Clear Stamps as well as a bunch of new and updated Hero Arts stamps. If I could have, I would have bought them all. But, I didn't and the one that I did buy was this fairy set from Inkadinkado. Fairies aren't necessarily my thing or style, but they can be when I stamp.

Here is a close up of my little fairy... and you can see the subtle shimmer that was created when I colored over my image with my Spica Glitter Pen. I love those things and use them often.





I did use three other stamp sets with the card though. The sentiment and the double lined circle are Papertrey ink sets, and the dotted circle is a Close to my Heart set. Love to combine those sets.

Well, I had better run. I'm meeting a couple of friends to go over a few things this morning and I think I will swing by Joann's and take a peak at their fabric again.

Hope you all have a great day and thanks for visiting.



Recipe:
Cardstock: White, Blush (Papertrey ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Shapes by Design, Mixed Messages (Papertrey ink), Fairies (Inkadinkado), Its a Party (Close to my Heart)
Other: Copics, Nestabilities, Copic Atyou Spica Glitter Pens, Papertrey ink ribbon, cuttlebug tag die

9 comments:

Heather Schlatter said...

Oooooo,
I love your take on the sketch,
I have never been to your blog before, but I will be back, you have some great creative insperation you share!

Keep up the great work!

Here is my take on the sketch if you want to see it:
http://heathersheavinlystampations.blogspot.com/

Now I have to go look at more of your creations! :-)

Heather

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so frustrating, we had a family friend's brother and son got hit by a suicidal lady and it put him in acoma for awhile, never been the same, she basically got a slap on the wrist. I feel for the family. Brighter side love the cute fairy very cute! And we'll have a pirate, chef, ninja in our halloween group :))

Vickilyn said...

Lovely card - I saw the sketch but have not yet had time to get it done!!

Gotta go redo the December kit so you have something to work with! lol

talk soon!

Lauren said...

This is such a beautiful card. Great job with the sketch. (I know, there isn't enough justice for many crimes these days.)

IamDerby said...

That is so horrible! Sentences for drunk driving should be much heavier.

Enfys said...

I love your card, the fairly looks so delicate and pretty in her glimmery dress.

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh the sketch card is gorgeous. Im so sorry for the loss of those 2 people all from something that could have easily been prevented. Justice is so screwed up sometimes.

Silly Skittles said...

*sighs wistfully* I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES HER!

Jackson Lewis said...

Russian Ca11 G1r1s in Dwarka
F0reigner Esc0rts in Dwarka
F0reigner Esc0rts in Dwarka

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...