Monday, August 11, 2008

Gift Bag Tutorial

Good morning! The other day, I posted a card and matching gift bag and thought I would try my hand at another tutorial for you all. My gift bag is just a tweaked version of Lauren Meader's which can be found HERE. She of course has an awesome tutorial of her own, but her dimensions were just a tad to big for me, plus I really, really, wanted to use my new Vellums from Papertrey ink. The picture posted today is the very first bag that I made with the new dimensions.

(This picture really bugs me because the angle is strange (to me) and that's because my husband took this picture and he's always looking down at everything considering he is 6' 3")

Anyway, back to the point here. What was housed in this gift bag was a large chuck of hand made soap from our local farmer's market. The vellum makes for great presentation. The stamp I used is a CTMH stamp called Adorable Backgrounds and the color is Garden Green also from CTMH. Just remember though that when you stamp on the vellum with these dye based inks, it takes a bit to dry or you need to use your heat gun to set the ink.

Now for the tutorial:

Materials: Cardstock, Adhesive, Stamps, Inks, Scor-Pal (scoring tool of choice), bone folder, embellishments
You need 1 piece of cardstock cut to these dimensions - 8 x 11
Along the 8" side score at 1", 2", 5", 6 1/2"
Along the 11" side, score at 3", 5" 8" and 10"

Cut on the red lines and discard all the shaded areas.

Here's a picture of everything all cut and clipped.

Now its just time to put the box together and decorate. Have fun and make sure you let me know if you made one of your own.
Thanks and enjoy!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Very cool! TFS Katie.

Anonymous said...

thank you for your awesome tutorial, we love them!

Unknown said...

This is such a cute box, thanks for sharing!

Tina said...

Awesome tutorial, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to give it a try.

Sue said...

Great tutorial thank you great box, sue.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...