Saturday, February 2, 2008

I've been busy - Card Class


Yes, I've been busy (mostly thinking and then cutting last night). I was asked to participate in a fund raiser that one of my club members is hosting today. My job was to come up with two cards to teach. My requirement for myself was to make the two cards different from each other in style as well as design. Here is what I came up with.

The first card is simple in the sense that it has one designer paper covering the entire front and then an accent piece offset to the left. The little squares are cut from a piece of random stamped card stock that I used the embossing resist technique. Click HERE to see the tutorial from Splitcoaststampers. This technique can be a little time consuming, but it is so soothing to do and the results are beautiful.

All the paper, ink, and stamps are Close to my Heart. What is so great about the paper from CTMH is that it ALWAYS works together and for those of us who don't want to struggle over mixing and matching - wahlah! Its done for us! Very Springy I thought.

Here is a picture of the sheet of embossed resist before I cut it up. I used 4 different inks plus the versamark and clear embossing powder.

Here is the picture of the whole deal - card that we are making and all the pieces I need to create it. I hope the ladies like it.


So here is the second card. It is a card holder that I found while browsing blogs. Click HERE for the tutorial. I've never seen a TAC catalog, but I'd love to check one out someday. I can browse online, but its just not quite the same.

Anyway, here is my version using of course all CTMH goodies. Can you say awesome paper. I just can't get enough of this paper. I paired it with a little bit of red to kind of, sort of relate it to the big Heart day, but it wouldn't necessarily have to be for Valentine's Day. You could also switch from the oval insert to a rectangular one and put a gift card in there too. What is cool too, is that the whole little card fits into your standard A2 envelope.

And here again is a picture of all the pieces to make this great little card!!

~Katie

1 comment:

Vicki Hook said...

Wow! This is awesome! I got your comment on my blog and came to check yours out. I love your version! And thanks for giving me the heads-up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...