Saturday, August 28, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Vacation, and Clear Dollar Stamps September Sneak Peeks Day 1

Lots going on today!  Before I get going on sneak peeks I want to wish my wonderful hubby a very happy anniversary... NUMBER 17.  We did not plan our vacation around our anniversary but it did end up that way which is a very cool thing.  Today we are heading off to Walla Walla and will be heading back home tomorrow.  Before I share any more vacation pictures... you get to feast your eyes on soon to be available stamping goodies!!!

So without further ado, here is my scheduled post for sneak peeks!

******************************************
Hey everyone...welcome to the first day of Clear Dollar Stamps sneak peeks.  I know we are really rounding out our summer, but don't you just feel the holidays around the corner?  Time is going to just whiz on by.  You'll be excited with the releases for next month - lots of choices and variety and definitely stamps that will help you get ready for the holidays early this year!

Here is the list of stamps being previewed today and the Design Team members sharing. Make sure to head on over to Lori's blog to see the full reveals.

Jesus is the Reason

Blooming Background

Our Savior's Birth

Our Savior's Scriptures

A Season of Wonder

Christmas Inside Sentiments (Psalm)

Christmas Inside Sentiments (John)

*******************************************************
The great thing about many of these new stamps are that they were created to work with each other.  I know that many stampers love having sentiments to stamp on the insides of their cards and I think this is especially the case for holiday cards.

My first cards use the stamp set called Jesus is the Reason. I stamped in a colored ink and then filled in with Tombow Markers.  I stamped the little pointsettias separately on watercolor paper and then cut them out and attached them to my card with pop dots.

Card Recipe 
Stamps/Images: Jesus is the Reason
Cardstock/Papers: Cottonball white, Pineapple Twist, Silk Watercolor Paper (CDs), Jolly by Golly (Cosmo Cricket), CTMH
Inks/Markers: CTMH ink, Tombows: 847,946,977,850
Accents/Tools: Waterbrush, Curved Rectangles (spellbinders), PTI ribbon, scallop punch

***********************************************************
My next card uses the above stamp set - Jesus is the Reason, but I used that image on the inside of my card.  For the front, I used the stamp that was created to coordinate which is called Blooming Background.  Even though these images were created to work with each other, they are just as useful and can stand alone on their own merits. 


And the inside

Card Recipe
Stamps/Images: Jesus is the Reason, Blooming Background
Cardstock/Papers: Cottonball White, Pucker Up (CTMH), Basic Grey Wassail, CTMH
Inks/Markers: Pucker Up (CDS), CTMH
Accents/Tools: Pucker Up ribbon (CDS), Martha Stewart border punch

****************************************************************************
My next card uses the set called Our Savior's Birth. The Baby Jesus, hay, and manger are all separate pieces that you can stamp to create the perfect image.  I wanted a very light look, so with every piece I inked, stamped on some scratch paper and then stamped my final image.  I love 2 tone blues for lots of looks but especially love it here.

Card Recipe
Stamps/Images: Our Savior's Birth
Cardstock/Papers: Cottonball white, Deep Sea, Billowing Clouds
Ink/Markers: Hot Cocoa, Deep Sea (CDS), CTMH
Accents/Tools: Petite Oval Nesties, Tags (spellbinders), Billowing Cloud ribbons (CDS), silk ribbon, sponge tool, embossing folder (cuttlebug)


Here is my second sample for this stamp set.  I created this one to be all shimmery.


And to create that perfect pairing, you will be able to purchase the perfect inside sentiment called Our Savior's Scriptures. 


Card Recipe
Stamps/Images: Our Savior's Birth, Our Savior's Scriptures
Cardstock/Papers: Wild Huckleberry, Blueberry Patch, Cottonball White (CDS)
Inks/Markers: Wild Huckleberry
Accents/Tools: Petite Oval Nesties, Labels 8 (spellbinders), D'vine embossing folder (cuttlebug), May Arts ribbon, Maya Road Spritz, SU! horizontal slot punch


********************************************************************************
Next up is the stamp set called A Season of Wonder.  I'm telling you... you are going to have plenty of meaningful holiday images and sentiments to choose from in September.  I paired this was some fabulous paper from TaDa Creative Studios.

Card Recipe
Stamps/Images: A Season of Wonder, Christmas Inside Sentiments (John 8:12)
Cardstock/Papers: Cottonball White (CDS), Niki Sivils, TaDa Creative Studios, CTMH
Inks/Markers: Versacolor black, CTMH, Tombows: 025,947,873,977,946,N75,491,899
Accents/Tools: Labels 5, rectangle nesties (spellbinders), PTI ribbon, waterbrush, hole punch


And once again, choices for the insides of your cards. This one is Christmas Inside Sentiments (John 8:12)


For my second Christmas Inside Sentiments (Psalm 115:15), I actually went inside out (lol).

Card Recipe 
Stamps/Images: Christmas Inside Sentiments (Psalm 115:15)
Cardstock/Papers: Cottonball white (CDS), Basic Grey Wassail
Inks/Markers: Tim Holtz forest moss, Close to my Heart, Copics: R89
Accents/Tools: sateen flowers, pearls, eksuccess border punch, sponge tool, curved rectangle nesties (spellbinders)


Wowee... did you think it would ever stop?  Well it has today and I hope you enjoyed today's samples.  Make sure to come back tomorrow for more!

Have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Tricia T said...

Wonderful cards, Katie! I like how you used the busier papers with the sentiments. Perfect!!

Cassie said...

Such beautiful cards, Katie. You are so busy that a vacation is probably exactly what you needed. Happy anniversary too! We are on vacation too, but ours is ending today...booooo. hubby has to head back to work. Have fun on your vacation!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

I love all your cards Katie! It amazes me how many you can pump out! Fabulously done!
:-)

Lisa Lara said...

I love the colors you used on your first Jesus is the reason card Katie and Love the inside. All samples are beautiful.

Stacy Morgan said...

Great sneaks Katie! The first tree card is my fav of the bunch the fresh colors and your flowers look wonderful. Happy Anniversary! Hope you enjoy the cool weather in walla walla.

Barb said...

Inspiring work Katie!!!! You are so good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...