Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A birthday card for my brother

Hi friends... today I want to share a card that I made for my brother's birthday who is 2 years younger than I. I shouldn't write posts late at night (this is last night of course) because I get pensive and thoughtful and I could go on and on and on, but I won't so I guess you all will just have to know that I do have thoughts swirling around in this big 'ole head of mine... lol.

Anyway, back to the card. I got it off in time for him to receive it on time or even before which I am quite proud of myself for.

I kept it simple and as masculine as I could. I used a technique called second generation stamping which I did a little tutorial about ... HERE... I love this technique... its so easy but really pulls a big punch.

I used a Clear Dollar Stamps set called Scenic Trees for my main image panel and used some great paper from Papertrey ink too.

I also grabbed a cuttlebug embossing folder that I've had forever but haven't used much of but if you have noticed argyle is big lately. I've seen it everywhere so I've been inspired.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday.

3 comments:

Candy F. said...

Great "man" card!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love this card. I find it hard to make guy cards that aren't boring and this one sure isn't. Fabulous!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh I like how you stamped the trees, and the sentiment panel is cool. Awesome guy card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...