Monday, February 8, 2010

Two very simple cards

Good morning! I've got a couple of very simple cards to share with you. I was completely inspired by THESE CARDS over at Sunny Stampin' (Andrea Walford). I absolutely love her blog and I know that many of you are inspired as well. The funny thing is that her cards were inspired by some other cards she had seen, so it is definitely a chain...

The focus of the cards is white space and its amazing what impact they have. This first card uses some very cute paper called Topstitch from Close to my Heart accented with butterflies that have been punched out with coordinating cardstock with a Martha Stewart punch. And if you can see, there is also 2 lines of embossing on the top and bottom of the squares.

This second card uses the same concept, but is even simpler. It is one layer only with the circle punch outs and a piece of ribbon added to it and is vertically placed versus horizontally. I punched the circles from some great designer paper that I had in my stash.



Thanks as always for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful Monday!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

For simple cards, they sure make an impact, Katie. I love all the white space ;D

Mrs. Nancy G said...

You pull off simple cards so well! These look store bought!

LOVE THEM!!
:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...