Monday, November 9, 2009

Clearly Inspired Challenges (CIC)

Hey everyone! Woo hoo... got something to share with you today. I haven't spent that much time on this card, but I will tell you that it has taken me 3 days to get it finished and uploaded.

If you didn't know already, Clear Dollar Stamps has started a new challenge over on Lori's blog called Clearly Inspired Challenges. These challenges will be hosted by me and will be every other Friday (last Friday being the very first). Head on over to get all the details.

You get one week to play and some members of the CDstamps design team will always have inspiration for you for each and every challenge. This week's challenge is called "Give me 5" and is a very easy challenge all based on the number 5 and I picked number 5 because Lori just celebrated her 5th year of business with her company.

I didn't cheat or anything, but I did go the simple route... simple is good right? I had wanted to ink up this set called Baskets of Blessings for a long time and the apples were perfect! There are exactly 5 of them :)

I used my Copics to color the basket and apples and actually had the paper all ready matted and ready to go from an earlier card that I had planned on making.

I did some sponging after using my nesties to cut out my image and sentiment. The sentiment is actually a label die that I cut the ribbon slots off.

That's it for me today and I hope you had or are having a good day and you've got plenty of time to go play the CIC challenge. Its easy, fun, and you just might win a prize!


Recipe:
Cardstock: CTMH and PTI
Designer Paper: CTMH
Stamps: Baskests of Blessings (CDstamps)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, CTMH black
Other: PTI ribbon, Spellbinders Nestabilitie Labels 9 and Ribbon Tags Trio 2, SU! Slot punch

8 comments:

Tricia T said...

Perfect, Katie!! I love the apples, and, YES, simple is good!!

Cassie said...

This is awesome, Katie! Such a cute image and I love the colors you chose :D

Gloria Dojlido said...

Super cute Katie!

Candy F. said...

Love it! Basket of Blessings is one of my favorite older sets.

Linda Anderson said...

What a gorgeous card Katie!!! Love your basket and 5 apples, how very clever!!!

Linda

Dawn B. said...

Katie this is beautiful. I Love this set. It is one of my favs.. Great paper.. TFS

Laurie Wilson said...

Oh, that's CUTE! How creative to have found that stamp with 5 apples! I wished I could play along, but I'm So swamped this week, ugh. I hope to play the next one. Thanks for hosting this challenge!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous little card Katie. Good luck with your new challenge blog.
Hugs
Desire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...