Thursday, June 18, 2009

Last day of school and this and that

LOL... today's the last day of school and my oldest will officially be a 4th Grader at 12:00 or 12:30 when he gets out of school. Don't worry, I don't have to know exactly since he is walking home.

I wanted to make a little thank you for the end of the year for his teacher and this is what I came up with. I grabbed a clear fold up box that I purchased from Clear Dollar Stamps. They are 3 1/2" square and arrive flat so they are easy to store until you are ready to use them. Then, all I did was cover it with some pretty paper, cut a shape out with my nesties so you could see some of the yummy coffee candies inside and voila... easy, but cute container.

I also purchased a gift card to Starbucks and made a gift card holder. I found the most awesome tutorial on Gina K's blog a while back and this is one of my favorite gift card holders. Its so stylish. I just laid it on top of my box and wrapped some ribbon around it. The sentiment on the tag is from a little coffee set from Hero Arts.

All super easy, fun, and just a little bit cute.

Ok, so the "this" is that Lori over at Clear Dollar Stamps just sent out her newsletter that says she added even more items to her Clearance section. You gotta make room for the new :) PLUS, she has a 30% off discount on the highest item in your shopping cart. How sweet is that??

And finally, the "that" is about my Sweet Blush ink from Papertrey ink. In my earlier post, I mentioned that I had a hate/love relationship. I guess it might be more hate because I really don't use it very often. I remember loving it in the beginning, but it really has an odd color now and is pretty pale. So I tend to fill in with other pinks I have. I have the Aqua Mist too and I did purchase the reinker and that seems to fix the problem, so maybe the reinker would fix the Sweet Blush too. I can't say because I haven't done it yet :)

2 comments:

Candy F. said...

Really cute (and quick) gift. I'm sure the teacher loved it. Those plastic boxes are great.

Debby said...

Hi Katies. Becky S sent me here. You have a fantastic blog and I adore this card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...