Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kind Thoughts

Hi everyone! I've got a quick card for you. I had the background all ready to go for another card that I was making and I forgot that I had started it one way and ended up creating something else a bit different.

But, I really liked the background and ended up using it tonight. I kept it very simple. The circle background was created with a great background stamp from Clear Dollar Stamps called Spots a Plenty. I inked it up with a CTMH ink color called Sunflower and used matching cardstock.

The scalloped oval stamp is one from a set I just picked from Joann's made by Fiskars and is a cute set, although I had to admit that the polymer they use doesn't work well with dye inks. They do ok with the chalks and pigments, but I made it work well enough.

Ribbon is just stuff and the pink card base is from Papertrey ink and is the Razzberry Fizz.

And there you have it. Hubby and I just got done watching Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood. What a great movie and I have to say that I love and have always loved Clint Eastwood way back to the Paint Your Wagon days. Anybody seen that movie? Its been a long, long while and I just put in on my Netflix.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Beautiful Katie. The color combination is so fun and unique.

Candy F. said...

I love the sunflower/raspberry color combination! I'm dying to see Gran Torino!

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

Really cool quick card. You have such a way with making your backgrounds. They look like DP!
:-)

Davis Family said...

Great card! Great colors!
You're so talented!

Gloria Dojlido said...

This is so bright and cheery! Beautifully done!

Leslie said...

sweet card. Love how you tied your bow. I am not that good at bows. Love Clint Eastwood. "Go ahead, make my day"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...