Monday, September 29, 2008

Clear Dollar Stamps Sneak Peak #3

I've got two posts today :) so keep going if you have time.

What a Hoot! Hoo, Hoo, Hooray! Isn't' he or she the cutest? I really enjoyed inking this little owl up - FOR SURE :) This little guy and a whole bunch of new releases will be available at Clear Dollar Stamps on October 1st!

For the 1st card, I decided to go a bit more a la natural. I used PTI Kraft cardstock as my card base and then added Cloud 9 Designer paper and then wrinkled/distressed the edges surround the stamped image. I colored my owl with copics and then finished it off some CTMH twill ribbon.


Recipe:
Cardstock: Kraft (PTI), Desert Sand, Colonial White (CTMH)
DP: Cloud 9 Designs
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: What a Hoot (CDStamps)
Other: Twill Ribbon (CTMH), Copics, Nestability Label Die, Brads







My next card was done in blue's and I used a piece of chipboard from my stash as the branch. Also added a bit of white fun flock to the owl. If you haven't tried fun flock you really should. It adds such a cool detail to your stamped images.




Recipe:
Cardstock: White (CTMH), DP: CTMH, Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stamps: What a Hoot (CDStamps), Other: Copics, Chipboard, Fun Flock Nestability Tag Die, SU! Ticket Punch.


For my last card, I went completely peachy. Laurie Wilson, the CDS DT Coordinator always has fun challenges for us to focus on while we are making our samples. I personally love these and using some sort of peachy color was one of them. This card kind of reminds me of a yummy creamsicle too. I love the pink and peach together.

Recipe:
Cardstock: Taffy, Baby Pink, White (CTMH), Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stamps: What a Hoot (CDStamps), Other: Embossing Folder, Circle and Scallop Punches, Copics, PTI Ribbon


Thanks for coming to visit and check out these great stamps that will be avaialbe very soon. Patience is a virtue (lol). If you can believe it or not, I will have even more samples tomorrow.



7 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally missed that the owl on the blue card was fuzzy white flocked! How stinkin' cute! All these cards are super adorable!

Mandy said...

What super cutie owls! Love your cards!

Lauren said...

Great projects Katie. The owls are so fun and love all the colors.

Anonymous said...

ok I'm usually very picky about owls, but this one is really cute, I would buy him/her. but honestly how messy is the flock???? I do love the look of it

Anonymous said...

Love the Owl cards. OMG you are so good girl!
I need to play. Maybe while the boy is sick today.
Hugs to ya.
em

Toni said...

oh how much fun does he look what a cute Owl fabulous Katie and love flock now Ive tried it LOL

Anonymous said...

I so love this set and your cards are absolutely lovely! All the colours, the detail and ya ... the white fluff/fuzz on the owl is adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...