Friday, August 8, 2008

Grateful...

Today's card was inspired by my very talented friend Jak who I met through the Papertrey ink message board. I had asked her a couple of questions about hat pins for cards and what did she do, but send me some of her own. So this card is for you Jak - I'm so glad that I can count you as one of my new cyberspace friends.

The flower and sentiment that I used to stamp is a future Stamp of the Month (Sept) from Close to my Heart - you will love this set. I pretty much cased Jak's card where she used her hat pin. I love the look of the pin on the card. It is just so feminine and elegant looking. The main bead was also a gift from Jak and I added some pearl beads that I already had. The pearls on my sentiment are Kaisercraft self adhesive pearls (love them) that I got over at Limelight Papercrafts.

Recipe:
Cardstock: White, Plum Pudding (PTI), Ink: Lavender Moon (PTI), Stamps: Treasure Life (CTMH), Other: PTI Ribbon, CTMH Ribbon, Hat Pin, Scor Pal, Nesties, Kaiser Pearls

***************************************************************************************************************************
Reminder:

Don't forget to play with the Limelight Ladies. Check out the deets HERE. You have until Sunday to get your sketch and product challenge done and post to Mandy's blog HERE.

In all honesty, I'm grateful for many things. One of them being the many friends that I have met since starting this blog. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

9 comments:

IamDerby said...

This is so pretty katie! Love that pin.

Lauren said...

Very pretty Katie. I will have to pink up some hat pins.

Jak Heath said...

Oooooooooo how kind you are with words, I feel quite humbled.
Your card is superb.
Also just so you know I case your cards for inspiration too.

Silly Skittles said...

OMG more hatpins!!! I had seen them a few weeks ago and have been trying very hard to not jump on the hatpin bangwagon yet since I'm SO BROKE!!! But you make it sooooo pretty with the card!!!!

I WANNA MAKE THEM NOW!

Heidi said...

Beautiful card Katie!

Anonymous said...

Katie, it is soo pretty. I love the pin. Where did you get it?
em

Leah said...

Really pretty! I love pins on cards too. And my I just say,"Oh no" about the new CTMH stamps coming out! They look beautiful.

One Creative Life said...

Katie this is so pretty!! Love that stamp set.TFS

Lorelie Kim said...

Your lavender card is GORGEOUS!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...