Saturday, June 28, 2008

Birthday Fishes -sketch card


Good morning. I've been lapsing on following some of my favorite sketches. One of them is Lauren Meader's Saturday sketch, but I finally got to it :) I've had this stamp for a bit now and have been wanting to ink it up and I finally did! Its an Impression Obsession stamp and when I saw it I thought it was so cool looking. This stamp is called Ocean Fish and is designed by Leigh Hannan and her stamps have such a distinct style. She also designed one of my favorite coffee sets that I got from My Little Stamp Shack called Smell the Coffee.

anyway back to Impression Obsession. I really like their store because they offer a variety of ways of getting your stamps. Many of their stamps are clear sets, but all the other sets are offered as a choice of cling mounted, wood mounted, or just plain rubber. I love options.

So here's my card. I had to change it a little bit because my image was a bit big, but it still turned out pretty. I stamped my fish in black and then used my copics to color it in. Then I took CTMH dye ink and lightly sponged the background. Then I added just a bit of stickles for the bubbles (its so hard to resist those stickles) as well as used it to glue down my clear buttons. The sentiment is from Papertrey's Pond Life Sentiments.

Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a fishy (in a good way) sort of day.




Cardstock: Lemon Tart (PTI), GP White, PP: Close to my Heart special promotion paper, Ink: Palette Noir Black, Stamps: Pond Life Sentiments (PTI), Ocean Fishes (Impression Obsession), Other: Copics, Nestabilities, Stickles, White gel pen

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Katie!

This card is beautiful! I love the colors! Enjoy your Sunday!

Laura said...

Wow, these colors are just fabulous, Katie! Super cute card.

Lauren (mytime) said...

HOLY awesome Katie. The colors and paper are great, but your coloring is FABULOUS!!!!!!!
LOVE it. Flipping the sketch was perfect.

Lauren said...

Great card - love the colors!

Anonymous said...

whoaa... this really catches your eye, I like this card

Erin Bigler said...

Katie, this is STUNNING...awesome colors and coloring job. Neat layout, too! Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...