Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Craft Critique - knitting and a peep

Good morning! I'm very excited to share that I am having my first article posted on Craft Critique today. It is a book review on a wonderful knitting book that I found several years ago. If knitting is one of your things, I really suggest this book. Go take a look and let me know what you think. Here is a picture of the hat for my book review and a matching pink one that I'm working on.
Knitting is one of those things that I really enjoy doing and hats are such quick and easy items to make. I made the twins newborn hats and have used this pattern a lot.
Here is another finished hat that I made over the winter and as you can tell, the matching one is still in the works. I'm sure I can get it finished for next winter. The nice thing about knitted hats is that they stretch :)
And I couldn't post without showing a card too. I really like how this turned out. I've seen lots of cards using this color block styling and love how it looks. This is my version using PTI papers for the colors. The stamp is C.C. Designs Hey Chicky and the sentiment is from Just So Hoppy at Gina K. Designs. I colored my chicky with my copics and added a little rhinestone at the center of the flower.
Cardstock: PTI's Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, Ink: Black Noir Palette, Stamps: C.C. Designs Hey Chicky, Gina K's Just So Hoppy, Other: PTI Berry Sorbet Ribbon, Copics, craft rhinestone from Joanns

So thanks for stopping by and remember to head on over to Craft Critique and check things out.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

You are so crafty Katie. I would love to learn how to knit but I don't need another hobby - hehe. Great job with these - they are so cute.

Anonymous said...

You are one crafty little girl aren't you! Look at you expanding! And congrat's on your first article!

Kopperhead said...

WOW, I'm so impressed at anybody who can knit. I tried it one time and decided I better stick with a crochet hook if I wanted anything made out of yarn. Such cute hats! And that card is adorable. PS...my BSG commentary is a bit late this week, but I finally posted it..LOL

Heather said...

Hi Katie! Wow, I don't check in for a week & you're blog is now full of all this great stuff!! Sorry, don't have the time to comment on all individually-- hmm.. the hats are super-cute. I don't have the patience to even learn how to knit. All of the cards you posted are great as always. I especially love the little dog one but all the teacher cards are awesome too. And I see you've been adding to your etsy shop-- looks great! Good luck :)

Erin... said...

wow great hats and cute card!! thanks for the link to stamp something!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...