Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sketches Galore


Good morning! I am feeling like I've accomplished quite a bit of stuff, although, my hubby did just ask me if I ever dusted. I said WHAT!!! He was staring at the clumps of spiderwebs (that aren't really webs at all) in the corners of our bedroom. Well, I guess I know what I'll be doing first thing tomorrow.

Anyway, I do feel like I've accomplished a lot recently though. I finally dusted off my serger - that was the easy part - the threading of it took all afternoon though this past weekend. I had to get Kevin to help me with it. It is such a pain!!! Anyway, I got my last crib sheet done last night which I am quite pleased with. I've had 8 yards of flannel waiting for me for the past 2 years. Now, I won't have to immediately put the crib sheets that I do have in the wash in between naps and bedtime. I'll have some breathing room.

If you happen to have a serger, crib sheets are so easy to make. You just need 2 yards of flannel or knit fabric and approximately 3 yards of 1/4" elastic. I always end up with a bit extra elastic, but no worries - just snip off the excess. All you have to do is cut an 8x8 square out of each corner of your fabric, sew ends of the squares together - look at your own sheets to understand- then place your elastic at the edge of your fabric and serge away. Remember to stretch your elastic to the max though while serging. Quick and easy - but remember NOT to wash your fabric first. Wash AFTER you serge.

Now, for the title. Yes, I did all the sketches that I normally do and I got another one done as well. I did Beate's (a little late), Lauren's (both versions) and CPS (which I had wanted to follow, just hadn't yet). The cool thing though is that I used all the same paper for all my sketches. I thought this was kind of fun. And, then when I was blog hopping, I visited Erica's blog and she had posted a color challenge that fit my choice of papers. This paper is just yummy and double
sided which I love. The paper was a belated birthday gift from one of my closest friends. I love her because she is always there for me when I need something.
Here is Beate's sketch:
Cardstock: Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart (Papertrey ink) GP white, PP:Collage Press Citrus Collection , Ink: Noir Palette, Summer Sunrise (PTI), Stamps: Stamping Bella, Sentiment PTI Other: Copics, Spica Glitter Pen, Ribbon (PTI), SU PhotoCorner Punch, Oval Nestabilities

Here are the 2 sketches from Lauren's blog. I don't know if you can tell, but the card with the circles has one that was painted with Close to my Heart's pearl paint. Its so shimmery - love it!























Cardstock: Summer Sunrise (PTI), Hollyhock (Close to my Heart), PP: Collage Press Citrus Collection , Ink: White Daisy, Hollyhock (CTMH), Stamps: Garden of Life, Beautiful Blooms (PTI) Other: Stickles (my new love), flower punch, circle punch, scallop punch, square punch, Flowers from Michaels bridal section, Rhinestones (craft section of Joanns), RicRak (CTMH), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder

And here is my final one for CPS. It was a nice simple sketch so I added some sewing to it, and of course I enhanced the dots on the printed paper with stickles and used the charm for my sentiment. Guess what? NO stamping on this one, not even a sentiment!
And finally, the CPS sketch.
Cardstock: Summer Sunrise (PTI), PP: Collage Press Citrus Collection, Other: Charm from Michaels bridal section, Ribbon (PTI), Stickles, Sewing

Whew! Let me tell you, that took forever! The maneuvering of the pictures is such a pain. And it won't look right in the end anyway.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a FANTABULOUS day.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Each of the cards look wonderful!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

inspiring as usual! Yeah surger.... won't mess with that to complicated! Your becoming a little sew-er aren't you!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh they are all so great! I love how you used the smae colors/paper for each one. Shows how versatile things can be.

Lauren said...

These cards are fantabulous too! Hope you are having a great day.

One Creative Life said...

What great cards. I am loving that pink and orange! :-). I too have dusted off my sewing machine this weekend. I wish I had a serger though. Looking into that next.Thanks for sharing.~Erica

Deanna said...

oooo, I am really liking the pink and orange together! Very nice!

Carrie said...

Great cards... WOW you were busy:)Thanks for sharing.

Theresa Tyree said...

As a matter of fact, yes I do have a serger! All that thread just intimidates me so!! I will dig it out of storage and remember to play with it when we get moved into the new house.

The cards are great. I want to play along with your challenges. Will you remind me?

Love ya,
Tree

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...