Tuesday, December 16, 2008

You Make My Heart Flutter

Good morning! I hope you are toasty warm where ever you may be. Its still cold here and theoretically we are supposed to be getting more snow :)

I'm going to show you a little sneak peek of something that I made for Lori's Clear Dollar Stamps (CDStamps) blog Clearly iStamp. If you are interested in what I did and details make sure to head on over and check out the deets. This little project got me into the mood for all things red and pink.







******************************************************************************************************
So to continue on my sweet theme I decided to use a new stamp set from CTMH. Shh... its not available yet and won't be until March. I know that's a long ways away, but its good to be prepared, isn't it? This super cute butterfly set will be the Stamp of the Month for March, but I just couldn't resist.

My search through my mat stacks the other night resulted in the use of this paper too. This is DCWV Nana's Kids paper. Its so springy and glittery and just plain fun.

I also got a chance to play with my new embossing pen that I ordered from Clear Dollar. After stamping my image I used my pen to run over the parts that I wanted to add embossing powder too. It worked really well and I wouldn't have been able to achieve the look I wanted with out it. I used Stampendous Star Dust embossing powder which is for the most clear with the glitter added to it.

I used a Spellbinders Nestability set to cut out the word flutter and then added my ribbon.

Well, that is it for me. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!


{Recipe}

Cardstock: White, Baby Pink, Citrus Leaf (CTMH)
DP: DCWV Nana's Kids
Ink: Bubblegum (CTMH)
Stamps: Butterfly Wings (not yet released)
Other: Versa Mark embossing pen, embossing powder, Nesties, ribbon

6 comments:

BethW said...

I didn't even know about the website-what a find. Thanks for the heads up.

Joan Ervin said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card, Katie...I just love the butterfly and all the sparkle!!! What a tease you are...don't know it I can wait till March to get this beauty!!!

Jak Heath said...

Jeepers Katie, I don't know how you keep them coming but I'm glad you do.

Anonymous said...

i love both of them, so purty! so glittery!

Lorelie Kim said...

I LOVE THE CDS GIFT ENSEMBLE!! You are so CRAFTY!!

I'm free of the abuse said...

Definitely going to the website and LOVE the cards. It got me in a mood to stamp!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...