Monday, December 15, 2008

Season's Tweeting - a sketch

Well, we had our first snow yesterday and it was bitter cold. The snow was the really dry stuff so it wasn't much fun to play with along with gusty winds made it downright miserable to be out. But... we did go out mid morning and chop down our little Christmas tree. Nate had a good ole' time, but poor Will just looked miserable the entire time. I'll try to post pictures later on my family blog.

Today, I wanted to quickly share a card that I did for Lauren Meader's Saturday Sketch. Its been awhile since I was able to play along, but this sketch was so easy to put together :)

I dug out some old paper that I had that I just hadn't gotten around to using. I have a bunch of card stacks from DCWV and the one that I used was a winter one that I got a while back. I enhanced the circle paper by adding some snowflake stamps from Amuse called Peace and Cheer.

There is a story behind this set though. I purchased it a bit ago (not that long ago either) from my local scrapbooking store (Treasury of Memories) and I was just in there the other night with my friend Becky and I'm standing there at the checkout when I notice that they have a basket of some really cute Christmas stamps. I look down and the price is only $6. I am thinking to myself "Oh wow, what a deal. These are so cute". Then it dawns on my... "hey, don't I have this set?". Anyway, after some questioning, it does turn out yes, I do have this set and I had purchased it when it was their stamp of the month. DUH!!!

So that made me rush home and use it. I colored my birdie with my copics and to make it look like he's wearing a little coat. This is really a cute little set. I also used my Fiskars Threading Water punch and some CTMH ribbon.

Well, I am off and running... Hope you have a great day and are keeping warm.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Super cute card Katie. It's funny how one of the boys loved cutting down the tree and the other notsomuch.

Sam said...

what a lovely card - how clever of you to give him a coat!! This is the kind of thing that just doesn't occur to me to do!! Practice I suppose!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious with the stamp set, honestly i've done that before sadly :( I like the blue colors :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...