As many of you probably know from my recent Facebook post, Katie went in for an upper endoscopy to see if there was a localized site that could be treated to arrest her bleeding; unfortunately her GI Dr. only found diffuse bleeding that could not be addressed. At this point we are left without any real viable treatment options our only hope being that the bleeding resolves on its own or possible radiation therapy which may be able to address the bleeding. We are currently waiting to hear back from her oncologist to see if the radiation folks think they can do anything and what kind of torture it would be to do it.
Katie is being treated for her pain and nausea right now and is being kept as comfortable as she can be in the hospital setting. We are currently in a very nice large room that can accommodate quite a few family and friends, a big improvement over our last hospital stay. Should the bleeding not improve or radiation not be possible we will most likely be asking to move her to the Whatcom Hospice House to provide her with as much comfort as possible.
I want to thank you for all your positive thoughts and prayers, I am constantly amazed by the support Katie, the boys, and I have received from all of you. I will update you as we know more.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad