Monday, April 26, 2010

Hey friends, its Monday here... where did the weekend go? I had a great time with hubby yesterday on our motorcycle ride. It is in all actuality quite enjoyable and of course it is wonderful to get away just the two of us (we did meet up with friends).

Because of that though, I missed the Papertrey ink blog hop where the challenge was to use tissue paper. Even though I knew I would miss it, I still made a card for it because I do indeed love my tissue paper.

I chose to use it as an accent to my newly acquired (exclusive) Anniversary Set. This set is called Round and Round and it is a keeper.

I did my stamping and then just added punched tissue paper that I then colored with orange ink and wrapped around the end of a pen and glued on. Do you remember doing that back in elementary school?

I also had fun with this color combo... I don't consider it my norm either. Its basically light yellow, orange and green.

Thanks for stopping by today and I wish you a very happy Monday.


PS... First T-ball practice for the boys (twins) today.

4 comments:

Toni said...

beautiful card Katie hope you and the family are well

Toni

Cassie said...

Glad you had fun with your hubby yesterday, Katie. This is such a gorgeous card, and YES, I totally remember doing that with tissue paper in elementary school! Oh that was so fun ;D

Candy F. said...

Love this and am definitely going to copy it :-)

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

This is stunning. What a great idea.

Thanks for sharing :)

Inky hugs, Pauline

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...