Saturday, August 29, 2009

Clear Dollar Stamps - Sneak Peek #2

Hi friends, its day 2 of Clear Dollar Stamps sneak peeks. Today's featured stamps are Charlie Harvest - Get off your Tuffet - At the Races - Tea-rrific. You can see the full reveals on Lori's blog, Clearly iStamp.

At the Races is going to be a great card for little and big boys alike. I don't really differentiate between the two - do you??? This first card of course might lend itself to the younger version just because its a bit brighter and a little more "fun". I thought the gears in the background paper are really neat looking and would fit with the stamp.

I also love the trophy image in the set too. I really think this image will match up well with any type of contest theme card that I might need in the future. I used my Gold Spica Glitter pen to give it some great shine.


Now my next card began with the intention of coloring in the image, but while I was putting the pieces together, I thought it looked great just as it was. I love the bold strong colors of this card.

************************************************************************************
I love coffee and coffee related stamps and although I'm not a huge tea drinker I still have a passion for tea stamps too. Ok... I must admit I'm pretty easy when it comes to stamps (hehe).

This first card pairs two colors that I love to put together. Papertrey ink's aqua mist and spring moss. I also was trying something different by using my hexagon nestability and cutting my tea pot off center, but it just looks weird... always just slightly off... lesson learned.

My 2nd card uses more Papertrey ink cardstock. I just got the newer Scarlet Jewel and it has a very rich color to it and to me looks rather vintage, thus the lace. I also stamped the tea bag on the background and stamped the cup, the creamer, and the sugar bowl.

That's it for me but make sure to go visit my fellow DT members to see a lot more inspiration and the rest of the sneak peeks.

Charlie Harvest: Angela - Trudy - Tricia - Stacy - Candy - Laurie
Get off your Tuffet: Angela - Linda A - Sarah -Cassie - Candy - Shawne
At the Races: Kim - Sarah - Stacy - Candy
Tea-rrific: Angela - Trudy - Linda A. - Tricia - Cassie - Stacy - Candy - Laurie

Recipes:

Card #1:
ALL CDSTAMPS LLC STAMP SETS USED: At the races
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: CTMH Clover Green, Cranberry, Twilight, DP: CTMH Tinkerin'
INKPADS: Memento Tuxedo Black, CTMH Grey Wool
MARKERS: RV29,Y08,B24,C-7,G05,C-1,C-3, gold spica glitter pen
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Circle punch, scallop punch
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): Copics

Card #2:
ALL CDSTAMPS LLC STAMP SETS USED: At the races
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: CTMH Moonstruck, Clover green, cranberry, white, black
INKPADS: CTMH black and cranberry
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Cuttlebug Numbers embossing folder, Martha Stewart border punch

Card #3:
ALL CDSTAMPS LLC STAMP SETS USED: tea-rrific
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: PTI aqua mist, spring moss, white
INKPADS: Memento Tuxedo Black, CTMH black
MARKERS: BG15, BG10
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Small octagons, PTI Ribbon, Swirls Cuttlebug folder, Inkssentials white gel pen
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): Copic

Card #4:
ALL CDSTAMPS LLC STAMP SETS USED: Tea-rrific
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: PTI scarlet jewel, Basic Grey Lemonade
INKPADS: PTI scarlet jewel, ocean tides
MARKERS: R11, BG75, R59, 0
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: SU! word window punch, May Arts lace, circle punch, Martha Stewart punch
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): Copics

4 comments:

Candy F. said...

Great cards. I love the little racecar it is perfect for any type of boy project.

Cassie said...

Katie, your samples are so cute! I love that black and white of the race car, and I love the ribbon treatment you added to one of your tea set cards. Just lovely ;D

Tricia T said...

Wonderful cards today, Katie. I can't pick a favorite!

Laurie Wilson said...

All your clean and simples are just fabulous! I like how you managed to use what i have always thought were more feminine tools, on the boy cards, and they don't look feminine at all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...