Friday, July 31, 2009

Clear Dollar Stamps Sneak Peak #4

Happy Friday everyone! I've got one more sneak peek for you today and this will finish them up for this month. You can go to Clearly iStamp to see the full reveals of today's and all the stamps being released tomorrow. Yup... first thing tomorrow you can order to your hearts content!

So here is the rundown of stamps being shared with you today: Church Chatter, September Aster, October Calendula, Stamp of the month Blown Over, $1 stamp Apple & books

I'll be sharing 2 cards with you today, one for the September and one for the October Flower of the Month. The first card uses the October Flower - Calendula. I must admit that as much as I enjoy coloring, there are just as many times that I want/like simple stamping. I did add the background stamping on the designer paper using the text stamp that is in the stamp set. Its super easy to line up and looks fabulous.

It doesn't get any simpler than this. I kept it simple and did some distressing with my scissors and some inks.

I also added one my new favorite type of ribbon - silk. It is just gloriuous to work with and then I added some Basic Grey self adhesive pearls in the other corners.

Recipe:

ALL CDSTAMPS LLC STAMP SETS USED: Calendula October Flower of the Month
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Chocolate, Garden Green (Close to my heart) DP: from Costco
INKPADS: Brilliance Coffee Bean, Chocolate (Close to my Heart), Distress Ink (Papertrey ink)
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Spellbinders Nestability Labels 3, Basic Grey Pearls, May Arts Silk Ribbon


My next card uses the September Aster and ironically, I made these two cards with quite a bit of time between them and still ended up with similar looking cards, but different (lol).

For this flower, I embossed it with gold embossing powder and used just 2 tombow markers and an aqua painter to color it in. I again, inked the edges just slightly and cut it out with a nestability. I also embossed the background with my swiss dots folder and added that great silk ribbon and the Basic Grey pearls.

See, different but the same.

Recipe:

ALL CDSTAMPS LLC STAMP SETS USED: Aster September Flower of the Month
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS: Olive, Buttercup (CTMH), Watercolor Paper, Wisteria Basic Grey
INKPADS: Versamark
MARKERS: 772 (pink), 098 (green)
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: Silk Ribbon, Gold embossing powder, waterbrush, Kaisercraft pearls, SU! ticket punch, Curved Rectangle Nestabilities
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): Tombow Markers


Well, that's it for me, but go visit these lovely ladies for even more eye candy!


3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful and elegant creations Katie.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Desire

Cassie said...

Both of your cards are great, Katie, but that first one is so awesome! I love that it almost looks like leather. Beautiful ;D

Rebecca said...

Stunning cards! You did a fabulous job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...