Sunday, May 24, 2009

Papercraft Planet Clear Dollar Color Challenge and Stamp Somthing Sketch

Hi Everyone! It Sunday and yesterday was pretty fruitful. We rented a trailer and spend most of the day clearing out the garage (again), but its always nice to reorganize. I'm hoping that this will inspire me to use the treadmill that is out there. Now there is a clear and easy path to get to it.

Well, today's card serves two functions. I wanted to play along with the Clear Dollar Stamps Color Challenge over at Papercraft Planet this weekend. You still have most of today to play along if you have time. Cassie is our hostess this weekend and she picked some awesome colors for this one. They are essentially Red, Dark Blue, and Brown with a neutral as usual of course.

I decided to use a set called Horse Heritage and because I felt lazy and didn't want to color it in, I decided to emboss instead and sponge my colors basically using a color emerge technique. I just did a tutorial on it which you can find -->HERE<--. To be honest, I didn't know what it would look like, but I knew I wanted to incorporate my 3 colors on my main image. I was pretty pleased with the results. The sketch aspect of this card came from Stamp Something Blog. They are continuing to say their good-byes to some of their Design Team members. This week focused on Emily and she provided this great sketch. I turned the sketch and it worked out perfectly with the stamp set that I wanted to use.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you continue to enjoy your (hopefully) long weekend.

11 comments:

Gloria Dojlido said...

This is fabulous. The way you did the horses looks so cool.

Cassie said...

Wow, Katie, this is really amazing! I love how it turned out, and it looks so fantastic with those colors! Have fun in your garage ;D

Leslie said...

Katie, that card is so pretty. I really like that technique and your tutorial of it is great. I don't use that technique as often as I like. you have encouraged me to do more. Thanks

auntbeespickles said...

Katie, your card is great! I love how you incorporated the colors onto the horses. Great idea!

Erin Bigler said...

Love that background...makes those horses really stand out! And great job with the color challenge!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Terrific card Katie! The technique is really cool! BR-T

Lisa Lara said...

Katie, what a fabulous card and technique. I love how you used the colors.

Grace said...

Hi Katie! What a fun technique you used today! Love it! Love the sketch too! I'll have to check out that site! TFS!

Tricia T said...

I love the "feel" of your card. It's so classy with the embossing and the deep colors. The sketch was perfect for it!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! I like how you merged the color and the white as the image.

Christi said...

Hi Katie, my fellow bellingham-er!
(My husband and I lived in Fairhaven for like 6 years before the army)
Your card is great! It is so eye catching and appealing. Great Job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...