Saturday, May 9, 2009

I've got the Clear Dollar Stamps Weekend Color Challenge card to share with you today. Alex is our host this weekend and she picked some interesting, no great colors to play with. I have to be honest and say that color challenges are clearly harder for me than sketch challenges. I also have problems with inspirational challenges - I don't know... its just the way I am.

Alex's color picks for this weekend are:

Riding Hood Red
Blush Blossom
Certainly Celery

Neutrals if you want can be White or Kraft

Anyway, I liked the way this card turned out in the end. I don't have SU! colors so I ended up using Spring Moss and Pure Poppy from Papertrey ink and Taffy from Close to my Heart. And for my neutral I ended up using Vintage Cream from PTI too.
I actually started following a sketch and then ended up changing it and ending up with this instead.

I also have to say that I love these Prima Flowers. I just got them yesterday from Mandy at Limelight Papercrafts. I've been dying for some hydrangeas. The pearls in the center of them are Bazzill and the ribbon is some stuff from Michaels.

The background was stamped with a long stamp from Clear Dollar called Damask and the sentiment is from a set called Words of Sympathy.
Thanks for stopping by and make sure you stop by HERE to check out all the details for this weekend challenge. Its a great way to dig into those Clear Dollar Stamps you have. You've got all weekend... so get to work!



Recipe:
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Pure Poppy (Papertrey ink), Taffy (Close to my Heart0
Ink: Pure Poppy (papertrey ink)
Stamps: Damask, Words of Sympathy (CDstamps)
Other: Prima Hydrangeas, Bazzill Brads, Ribbon, Kaisercraft pearl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Katie this is just beautiful ... the way you combined the challenge colours is fantastic!

Codi Jo said...

Oh, Katie, this is very gorgeous. I love the way you used the colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...