Monday, April 13, 2009

Sofa so Good...

Hiya everyone! Its Monday morning and drizzling here in the good 'ole state of Washington. Hmmm... imagine that :) I hope you had a nice and enjoyable Easter. We had a nice visit (quick) with Mom and my Grandmother. She is doing quite well at the nursing home she's in. Its a wonderful place that only has 6 or so patients and the house is just that a house. Its very homey and cozy looking. Its still weird to see her in this state, but there isn't much we can do about that.

So we are back home and back to school today. Hubby had to be at work early today so the oldest and I are hanging at 6:15 this morning - whatever that is about. At least the little ones are still sleeping.

I am sharing a card that I made last week that I had lots of fun creating. I used a newer release set called Ageless Antiques. I love this set... it is really quite fun to play with.

I used Basic Grey paper paired with Close to my Heart cardstock. I also used my new Labels 4 Nestabilities that are available at Clear Dollar! I love this shape too, along with the others (lol). I then accented with some sewing along with my Kaisercraft self-adhesive pearls.

Here is a close up of the sofa. I stamped it several times with Versamark Black and clear embossing powder and then cut out the sofa cushions and used pop dots to lift them up. It creates a fun look.

Well that's it for me. Wow, I got this post done and still have time to make some pancakes for breakfast. Have a great day!

"

Recipe:

Cardstock: Sweet Leaf, White, Hollyhock (CTMH), Urban Prairie (Basic Grey)
Ink: Versamark Black, Black (CTMH)
Stamps: Ageless Antiques (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Other: Embossing powder, Kaisercraft Pearls, sewing , pop dots, Labels 4 Nestabilities

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad u had a nice easter, I think the "sofa so good" is pretty funny.

Stacy Morgan said...

So cute, great framing and I Like the dp you used. Glad you had a good Easter.

ErinM said...

this paper is great. love the colors. what sandwich do you use for the nesties in the cuttlebug? the one on the back of the package, or did you find one that works better?

Sue from Oregon said...

I loooove this 3D sofa!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous and stylish Katie. You have coloured that couch just perfectly. Mmm ... pancakes for breakfast, now that sounds yummy ... its not something we have here in South Africa for breakfast. Hugs from Desire

Unknown said...

VERY CUTE! I will have to pull out my paper and look for some sofa-ish papers! Lori

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...