Saturday, April 18, 2009

A sketch challenge - Friend

Hi everyone... I have another card to share with you today or rather tonight (lol). I did this card for Lauren's Saturday Sketch. She offered up 3 choices and I picked the first one. Its definitely a classic and came together very nicely.

I picked one of my favorite Clear Dollar Stamps images from a set called Asian Plants. I just love the pot and plant image. I stamped it in Versacolor Black and used clear embossing powder and a heat gun. I then colored the branches or more like outlined them with a Copic Marker and did the same with my pot. I then stamped the pot again, colored, then used Crystal Lacquer from Sakura to create that shine to the pot. I then used pop dots to attach my pot. Then, I got my flower soft out and used the shamrock green for the "moss" and the baby blue for the blossoms. The designer paper I used is a Close to my Heart Level 2 pack called Emporium. I love the blues and greens in this set. I used my circle nesties to cut out my flower pot as well as the 1/2 circles behind the image. The sentiment was punched out using an oval punch and the buttons are from Stampin Up!

Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great rest of your weekend.



Recipe: Card measurement 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Cardstock: Cocoa, Sweet Leaf, Crystal Blue (CTMH)
DP: Emporium (CTMH)
Ink: Versacolor black, cocoa)
Stamps: Asian Plants (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Other : Circle Nestabilities, oval punch, crystal lacquer, fltower soft, SU! buttons

14 comments:

thread-bare said...

Another great flower soft card. Love the way you have decoupaged the pot xx Clare x

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!
I love the PEACE of it!

Cindy said...

Oh I love this bosai image. Beautiful card!

Babies-Beth said...

Katie, I looked around and had fun tonight! I love both of your flower soft cards!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Looks great! Love how you are using your new stash of Flower Soft!

:-)

gila said...

Wow, wie wunderschön sieht das mit den Blumen aus, ganz große klasse.
lg gila

Anonymous said...

oh i love to soft flower stuff, i can't find it in stores around here,i guess i'll have to order it online!

Karen said...

This is the first time I've seen flower soft used on a bonsai.....and I Love it!!! :>

Desire Fourie said...

Oh I just love this bonsai creation. So elegant. Hugs from Desire

Mary said...

How pretty! Love the texture, colors, and tranquility of it! Thanks for sharing!

Laurie Wilson said...

Ooo, I like this! And the flower soft too!

Elise said...

What a sweet and lovely little card! Your work is wonderful!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful! I love flower soft...this image is perfect for it!

wendyp said...

Wow! This is amazing! Beautiful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...