Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bunny Love

Good morning friends! Today, we are off to Idaho :) The funny thing is that the condo we are going to be staying in is bigger than our house. Can you imagine that? Its kind of bizarre, but don't worry, our house is little.

I was going to take some stuff to do, but I decided that I wouldn't'. I've actually been fairly busy and was able to make quite a few cards so I'm planning on taking the lap top with me and posting from there, but we'll see.

Anyway today's card I did for 2 (edited to add that this works for 3 challenges). It meets Limelight Papercrafts sketch and product challenge as well as the Easter theme for Stamp Something Challenge Blog, and Our Creative Corner Blog. How cool is that!

The stamp set that I used is called Bunny Love and is from Close to my Heart. I borrowed it from my dear friend Becky and to let you know how good a friend she is, she not only bought this set from me, but let me borrow it brand new. Imagine, I got to ink it up first. I definitely {heart} her. This set is super cute though, I must admit. There are 4 main bunny images to the set and I stamped out all 4 and made cards with all of them already! I felt like I had to use every single stamp and you know what? I did!

I tried my best to follow the sketch and I did a pretty good job. I just couldn't get my stamped panel any smaller or didn't get my circle any bigger. The product challenge part was to include some sort of metallic so I ended up using my Kaisercraft Rhinestones. You know how much I love my Kaisercraft pearls and rhinestones. I got mine right at Limelight Papercrafts and Mandy has a super huge collection! Mandy is always some sort of little special or promotion, so make sure to go visit and see what's up!

Plus, I did sneak some Flower Soft onto my card. I'm in LOVE with this stuff. I have a bunch of colors I'm waiting to arrive at my house from Clear Dollar Stamps, but I used the Sweet Pea on my card.

Well, gotta run! I need to do a bit of packing and cleaning before we get going. We are going to take it nice and leisurely.

Thanks for coming by and have a great Sunday!



Recipe: (everything Close to my Heart unless noted)

Cardstock: Baby Pink, Sweet Leaf
Designer paper: Level 1 Sugar and Spice (Retired)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black, Grey Wool
Stamps: Bunny Love, March Word Puzzle, Essential Ovals (amuse)
Other: CTMH Rhinestones, Kaisercraft Rhinestones, SU! Photo Corner Punch, Copics, Flower Soft, Circle Nesties

15 comments:

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Wow, Katie what a loveley card, did you make!
Jacqueline

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous card Katie. Such a cute image. You must enjoy your break and recharge those batteries. Hugs from Desire

Nicola said...

Stunning circular card Katie, love your image and gorgeous paper.Enjoy your break. -x-

candyf said...

That bunny image is soooo cute. Card is great too!

Stacy Morgan said...

Katie this is adorable! Fabulous circle card, love the jewels and such an adorable bunny!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super cute Katie! Love the circle shape and that cute image. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something! :)

Linsey R said...

Omgosh, Katie this card is just so darling! I love the circle shape and how you framed that sweet bunny image! The colors are so pretty and fresh! Adorable in every way, my friend!! I hope you have a FABULOUS trip to Idaho, enjoy that big huge condo, hehe!!! be safe and enjoy your time away. hugs and smiles xoxo

Mandy said...

Sweet and FABULOUS, Katie! I absolutely love this! What a cute little bunny, and I LOVE the use of the Flower Soft!!

Lorelie Kim said...

Super adorable!! Love the bunny and the Flower Soft!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautuful Easter card - Katie!!! Glad you played the OCCC too ;)!!!

scrapperjulia said...

Cute roundy card! Love the bunny!

Becky said...

This is just adorable, love the image and the flowers.

Joan Ervin said...

What an adorable card, Katie and way to go with combining all those challenges!!! I love the little bunny and the Flower Soft looks Awesome!!! Have a great vacation!!!

Codi Jo said...

I used some CDS for my Easter challenge, too. He's just a cuteypatuty bunny. at my house the dog would be chasing him. going to have to try round card.

Erin... said...

Oh this is soo cute! Love the image and those little flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...