Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Clear Dollar Stamps Freebie Sneak Peek

Hey, did I get you with the word Freebie :) Well, today's samples are of January Stamp of the Month called Spring Trimmings. This set is FREE when you purchase a minimum of $50 at Clear Dollar Stamps. There is a lot of punch with this little set though.

My first card focus on a "spring" look with the dragon flies and wicker basket. How cute are they? I used very cheery colors for this card, but I was just thinking that the little basket would look so cute on a picnic invite card either for the whole family or just one on one... hmmm... what do you think?

Anyway, back to my card right now. I stamped all my dragon flies with Memento Tuxedo Black ink to create my background. I colored them in with a variety of colors from my set of Copic Atyou Spica Glitter Pens. I LOVE these and use them ALL the time. They work perfectly for those little tiny spaces plus add just the right amount of sparkle.

I then stamped the basket and colored it in with a C0pic marker, stamped my flowers and finally stamped one more basket onto chocolate cardstock and used pop dots to attach it.

I used my oval nestabilities to frame and mat my image. I again used my glitter pens to color in my flowers.

And finally, I added some small Prima flowers and accented them with some rhinestones.

I stamped my sentiment and used my Signo White Gel Pen for the little dot accents.

{Recipe} Cardstock: Sweet Leaf, White, Hollyhock, Chocolate(CTMH) Ink: memento tuxedo black, chocolate Stamps: January 2009 stamp of the month Other: Oval Nesties, Prima flowers, Hero Arts rhinestones, white gel pen, Spica Glitter Pens






My next sample is a card, but its small and my purpose for it is to attach it to some goodies I plan on giving my hubby. As most of you know, we are both avid latte drinkers (vanilla for me) and I thought he would enjoy some chocolate covered espresso beans.

I created my scallop card by cutting it out with a square scallop nestablity. All you have to do is start with a prefolded card and then line one side of the scallops so it hangs over the folded edge ever so slightly.

I then used the next size scallop down to cut my mat and then just a square piece to stamp my little hearts on. And of course that cup of coffee is just perfect in the round frame. I love the little heart right on the cup. I colored my cup and coffee with some Copic Markers.



{Recipe}


Cardstock:kraft, white, pure poppy, chocolate (Papertrey ink)
Ink:Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate (CTMH), pure poppy (PTI)
Stamps:January Stamp of the Month 2009
Other:Nestabilities (Rounds and Square), SU! Word Window Punch


Thanks for visiting again and guess what? Yup, there will be more tomorrow!

Oh and one more thing too. If you are new to stamping or just haven't been interested in creating your own stamped paper hop on over to Lori's blog -- Clearly iStamp because I have a tutorial running about random stamping. Maybe it will clear things up for you or maybe you can add a tidbit of information from your own experience.

3 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

What adorable cards, Katie!!! I just love the Jan. SOM....the first card is beautiful and I love all the hearts on the second!!!

Unknown said...

I love how you create your own background papers....that is my FAVORITE part of your cards!

Laurie Wilson said...

What cute cards you did with this little set! Love the hearts on the second!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...