Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Limelight 7 Chicks Thursday Sketch and Product Challenge

Its that time again Limelight Lovers! The wonderful Brandi Parshley creates all these great sketches for the DT to follow and she usually has some sort of cute blurb for us to use too. Well, this time is no different and how can I not use the one for today since it is extra specially cute! (I fear I'm butchering the English language here, but it sounds good anyway). So in Brandi's words:

Unity Stamps and rhinestones that glitter.
Basic grey wassail paper that reminds me of winter.
Piggy tales, pearls, urban prairie buttons
Warm, fuzzy dotted May Arts Ribbons and rub-ons!

When the mojo's gone.
When I'm feeling, like I can't make a single thing.
I simply remember my favorite Limelight things
and then I don't feel so bad!

And the facts Ma'am, just the facts:
  • Sketch and Product Challenge focusing on YOUR favorite Limelight Papercrafts product! How easy is that??
  • If you happen to have Limelight goods - Awesome! But IT IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. Geesh we all have a lot, so just use what ya got, join the fun, and play along.
  • The winning participant will receive your choice of a SINGLE UNITY STAMP and your choice of a KAISERCRAFT PACKAGE OF RHINESTONES!!
  • Entries are submitted by posting a comment and a link to the card or online gallery on Mandy's blog.
  • All entries must be submitted by Sunday, November 16th by midnight.
  • Uploads to SCS should have the keyword: LLPC008
And here is my version of the sketch. I have to say that I love my Kaisercraft embellishments that I can get from Limelight, but right now, I have to say that I am loving all of the great Christmas paper and goodies that Mandy has at the store.

For this card, I actually mixed papers from 2 different paper companies and it worked. I'm loving that. The notebook paper and the striped strip at the top is from the Little Yellow Bicycle Paper Pad (8x8) with coordinating die cuts too. The present paper and its mat along with the Santa mat is from the Basic Grey Wassail paper pad. And finally, that cute little Santa is Unity Stamps Bitty Christmas Tags. This is a great set with tons of cute Holiday images and sentiments. See all those sentiments on the background paper? Well those are all from the stamp set :)

I also used a bit of fun flock on Santa's beard, mittens and pompom. I colored him with my copics and used the SU! small and large tag punch to punch him out. And I love this sheer polka dot ribbon. You know white - its goes with everything.

Make sure you check out the other Chicks' blogs for inspiration.

Brandi
Jen Marie
Becky
Ryann
Lisa
Jessica (November's chick)
Mandy (of course)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have the time to play along with all of us. Have a great day!



{Recipe}
Cardstock: Kraft (papertrey ink), GP White
DP: Basic Grey Wassail, Little Yellow Bicycle
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, New England Ivy (CTMH)
Stamps: Bitty Christmas Tags (Unity Stamp)
Other: Copics, SU small and large tag punch, Ribbon (from Limelight)

11 comments:

JenMarie said...

Oh this is cute! Love it!!

Lisa H. said...

love how you played up the paper on this card. cute little Santa, too! great work, Katie.

Brandi Parshley said...

Super cute! I love how you made the ledger paper work with the Christmas theme, genius!

A-W-E (clap, clap) S-O-M-E (clap, clap) Awesome, Awesome, Awesome job Katie! (I couldn't resist!)

Becky Carafa said...

Wow, I love the mix of papers and how you stamped the words on the paper, very cute card!

Desire Fourie said...

This is a lovely creation and that gorgeous ribbon just brings everyting together. Hugs from Desire

Ashley Newell said...

What a fun card!

Becky Sorensen said...

I love this card - it is really pretty in person too!! wink wink Katie

Lauren said...

This is so cute Katie. The paper you chose is delightful!

Ryann said...

what a cute idea to stamp out the sentiments on the lined paper. it looks so cute!

Laurie Wilson said...

WOw, totally adorable!

Antonia said...

Cute layers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...