Thursday, November 27, 2008

Limelight 6 Chicks Thursday Sketch and Product Challenge

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving! I know I sound like a broken record, but I just don't know where the time has gone. The year is practically over - there I said it!

Well, when you are totally stuffed and have some time to lounge come and play with the Limelight Ladies. It is that time again and you have all weekend to play along with our Sketch and Product Challenge. Brandi does it again with an awesome sketch and the challenge is simple - Use Black in celebration of Black Friday! If you plan on going out, good for you. Me, I'm staying in with no intentions of braving the crowds. I'll get my fill when I listen to the news and hear about the stories of all you crazies out there (lol).




So here are the dirty details:

  • Sketch and Product Challenge focusing on BLACK for Black Friday.
  • If you happen to have Limelight goods - Awesome! But IT IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. Geesh we all have a lot, so just use what ya got, join the fun, and play along.
  • The winning participant will receive a $10 Gift Certificate to Limelight Papercrafts - yahoo!
  • Entries are submitted by posting a comment and a link to the card or online gallery on Mandy's blog.
  • All entries must be submitted by Sunday, November 30th by midnight.
  • Uploads to SCS should have the keyword: LLPC009
Here is my take on the sketch. I turned it horizontally and adjusted my block placement just a tad. Can you tell me what I missed until I looked at the picture I had taken? It just bugs me to no end, but it was too late to fix it and it makes for a nice card. Overall, I was pleased with the way it turned out. Black and red are never wrong together.

I used Polka Dot Basics from Papertrey ink in black for my background and then used a really cute stamp from Limelight called Catherine's Berry Corner Left from Odd Bird Planet. I stamped the image in a Cocoa color and then added stickles for the berries. The merry christmas sentiment is a Unity Co. stamp from a set called Bitty Christmas Tags.

And make sure you head on over to Limelight Papercrafts for some awesome specials tomorrow.

Doorbuster Sale Friday, November 28 - Sunday, November 30! Don't miss these great deals this weekend...supplies are limited to the early birds!
*Pebbles, Inc. RIBBON IRON packaged with TWO assorted RIBBON PACKS -
$10
*Unity Stamp Company's LUKE 2:14 GLORIOUS ANGEL -
$3.50
*Unity Stamp Company's DELECTABLE DELIGHTS stamp set -
$4.50
*Odd Bird Planet's Snowman -
$10 (This stamp is BIG!)
*Odd Bird Planet's Beau Christmas -
$6 (assorted, facing left or right)


And remember that shipping is FREE with a $35 or more purchase and only $5 for anything less.

Go visit the other Limelight Ladies for their take on the sketch.


Thanks for visiting and look out for my next post... later today!!!

Katie

{Recipe}

Cardstock: GP White, Pure Poppy (PTI), Black (CTMH)
Ink: Cocoa (CTMH), Pure Poppy (PTI)
Stamps: Bitty Christmas Tags (Unity Co.), Odd Bird Planet, Polka Dot Basics (PTI)
Other: Stickles

11 comments:

Lisa H. said...

fabulous, Katie! I love how you flipped the sktech, always gives a fresh feel to them. love the sparkley berries!

Jess said...

Katie, this is so beautiful! The colors are so clean and crisp! Happy Thanksgiving!

Becky Sorensen said...

Its a great card Katie and it took me a long time to figure the whoopsie out.

Ryann said...

Love this! Very sharp.

JenMarie said...

LOVE this, so beautiful!! Clean and crisp!!

Brandi Parshley said...

Wow! So gorgeous! I love the black and red! Just beautiful!

Vicki said...

I love this berry Christmas card, Katie!

Becky Carafa said...

I love what you did with the sketch, and the berry wreath is fantastic!

Kopperhead said...

I love it. I noticed right away because I am a "3" kind of person. Really like things in threes, and it is not a big blooper and still a beautiful card.
My spamword is acropers... for us scrapbookers I guess!

Kopperhead said...

Oh OH OH....I had to come back. I'm going to copy yours using the Martha Stewart branch punch and stickles for berries! Thank you Katie!
k
HA HA Spamword reden--which is what I will do to the berries. (Sometimes spamwords strike me as hilarious or relevant, depending.)

Kopperhead said...

Katie, I did it. I made a card from the sketch. I used the red/black/white like you did, but totally branched off from there. Hope you can take a look.
k

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...