Here are the rules:
- Sketch and Product Challenge focusing on the men in our lives. Grab your hardware - such as BRADS and/or EYELETS.
- If you happen to have Limelight goods - Awesome! But IT IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. Geesh we all have a lot, so just use what ya got, join the fun, and play along.
- The winning participant will receive duct tape stickers and a package each of the large black eyelet brads and the small gunmetal eyelet brads
- Entries are submitted by posting a comment and a link to the card or online gallery on Mandy's blog.
- All entries must be submitted by Sunday,October 19th by midnight.
- Uploads to SCS should have the keyword: LLPC006
I'm like most of you and have nothing against a good looking "manly" card - its true we need them, but they aren't necessarily cards that I make all the time so it was indeed a bit of a challenge. Way to go Brandi :)
Anyhow, once I got going no worries. I adore Basic Grey's Boxer Paper Pad. I've used it for a variety of cards and I thought the papers I chose were perfect for a clean simple lined guy card.
I paired it with Unity's Tiny Trinity stamped in green ink and matted with grey cardstock. My sentiment is from a Pink Cat Studio Set stamped in white. The "birthday" are letters that I cut using my cricut die cut machine.
So, are you still with me? Here is my story. Everything was going so well with this card, but then things just kept going wrong and went steadily down hill. It all started with impatience. I was using my favorite white pigment ink from CTMH because it is nice and bright, but you have to let it dry and guess what... Then, I decided I would emboss it with white embossing powder, well, I still managed to smear it and it didn't look right. Then, I figured I would just start over and I ended up cutting my paper to short (I did end up using it) and when I put my brads in they ended up crooked. Sooo.... I redid the entire card and started over and luckily was able to recycle some of my pieces. So my final card was tweaked just a tad more than I had originally planned. Here is the picture of my first card. It was just one of those cards...
Make sure you go check out the other Ladies blogs for ideas and inspiration.