Tuesday, August 26, 2008

JustRite Stampers Bag in a Box and Notecards

Hello. I'm quite pleased with my project considering my limited supplies. Once again, no nesties or circle punches so everything is cut by hand, thus all the distressed edges, which in itself is a pretty look, just something I don't do that often.

This is another one of those blog link projects. My very first inspiration came from browsing online last night and I saw these great monogram canvas bags online. I love the look of these bags and immediately thought of the Bag in a Box projects I've seen recently. I like this look because a) it has a square/rectangle base and b) because it has a look of a real bag on top. I had seen Andrea Walford's version a few days ago, but I didn't want mine that big so I made mine smaller. And of course credit is due to the originator, Diana Gibs.

I left mine open so it would look like a bag and added handles. My note cards measure 4 1/4" x 3 1/2". Again, I didn't have to worry about envelopes so I made the note cards to fit my bag.

And of course the whole point of this whole ensemble are the JustRite Stampers - I purchased mine HERE. For right now, I have the 1 5/8" Circle kit and I have to say I love it. I can't wait to add to my collection. I didn't' think the circle element would look as nice on the front of my bag so I paired just the letters with a Close to my Heart stamp set that will be available in a couple of months. Then I used the border and letters and kept everything very simple with my note cards.

The whole set is for Hunter's teacher and she can use these to put into teacher mailboxes or whatever.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!



Recipe:
Cardstock: Cocoa, Colonial White (CTMH)
DP: Silhouette
Stamps: CTMH, Justrite Stampers
Other: CTMH Ribbon

2 comments:

Lauren said...

This is beautiful! Great job with the set Katie. I'm sure Hunter's teacher will appreciate it.

Mandy said...

Oh, Katie, this is gorgeous! I love your little projects like this! The rounded bag and the colors are just fab!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...