Sunday, August 31, 2008

Day 5 Clear Dollar Stamps Sneak Peak

Good morning! Its Sunday and it means that I'm home :) We had a good time in Whistler, but didn't really do much due to a couple of factors. It rained every single day we were there and limited the things we could do and secondly, its hard to do a lot of things when you have 2 little ones to tend to as well, but it was relaxing nonetheless. To be honest, the best part was having Kevin all to ourselves for an entire week.

So now, the really GOOD news!!! Today is the last day of sneak peeks for the new releases at Clear Dollar Stamps. This means that first thing tomorrow all the stamps you've been seeing here and on the other DT members' blogs will be available.

So without further ado, here are the last samples I made with my stamps. This card was made with the Crusin Classic set. The challenge was to incorporate eyelets - you know those silly round things with holes that we all have tons off, but so often don't use... The cardstock and designer paper is all Close to my Heart.

This next card was made using the set Autumn Blessings. This set has that very cute squirrel, but also has some great fall stamps too. Again, I got those tiny round things with holes and used them on this card. I used my nestability to cut my oval and my hole punch to punch all the holes. Cardstock and designer paper is again Close to my Heart. I used my Copics to color in my pumpkins. Another note for those of you who aren't familiar with clear stamps. The word 'Blessings' isn't cut curved. The great aspect of many clear stamps is that they are flexible. I wanted my word arched a bit so all you have to do is stick down one side on your block and bend the rest of the stamp however you would like. When you are done, it just pops back to its original state.

And here is my final card, again with the same stamp set as above. With this card I went back to my squirrel, but created my own designer paper by using more stamps from the Autumn Blessings Stamp Set. For the background I used my watercolor pencils and literally it was a whoosh here and there with a whoosh of my blender pen and that was it. Don't look too closely because you won't see a lot of neatness there. I then added some pretty fall ribbon to finish it off and matted my squirrel with my nesties. I did color my squirrel with my Copics though.

Thanks for stopping by and make sure you visit Clear Dollar Stamps first things tomorrow. I also want to remind you that every month Lori offers a FREE stamp set with a $50 purchase. Plus, there are also lots of other FUN stuff besides awesome stamps available - like a bunch of new Cuttlebug embossing folders! They are top on my list!

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh your cards are gorgeous. Love the new range of stamps, so much one can do with them. Warm regards.

Sue from Oregon said...

I love the feel of fall cards, nice job on all of these!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...