Sunday, June 22, 2008

Misc, RAK, and Howdy Partner!

Hi everyone! Today is Sunday and I'm pooped and achy. I went to the Doctor a while ago with some complaints and of course the Dr. couldn't figure out anything - mind you I HARDLY EVER get sick or have anything wrong with me. He suggested some very basic blood work, but to be honest, I never went and then all my symptoms subsided. Then this past week, things have been acting up and I just hope they go away on their own again.

Then on the home, home front, I feel like I can't keep up... I'm just playing catch all the time and can never get ahead... I'm sure most of you feel the same way. I might feel all caught up and maybe even a little ahead for one day and then BOOM, back to feeling behind again the next day.

So, that is what is going on in my world, but I always go back to my fun stuff. It just makes me feel better :)

Yesterday, I got a lovely RAK from Cherisse. She sent a wonderful card and a cute little bookmark using Papertrey ink stamps. She used PTI's Garden of Life set and I really liked the look of her card. I forget that black is such a great compliment to the look of a card. If you are reading Cherisse, thank you so much. It was a wonderful surprise and I appreciate you taking the time to make me this lovely card.






I also have some stamps that I got in the mail that I haven't had time to play with yet. One of them is the Billy Dress Up from Pink Cat Studio that I purchased from My Little Stamp Shack. Carrie is great, so check out her little shack when you have time.

So here is a card that I made in the past, can't remember if it was 4 days, 6, days, or 2 weeks ago. This little guy is just too cute. I love coloring him in too, with Copics of course. I'm ok with the blending thing, but I still think I need to take a course on the correct shading. I find it personally difficult to shade correctly as in "realistic lighting". Where are the natural shadows going to fall? I know the concept, but applying it is rather uncertain. Anyway, something to work on...

One thing that I love to do is use the actual designs from the designer paper I'm using and cut them out to put on my cards. That is what I did with the circles and the stars on my card. Its hard to tell because most of the paper is covered, but the stars and circles are cut out, some are torn (using scissors) and then they are all pop dotted for dimension.

So, all of the above is my story of today and I'm sticking to it. I'm off to run on the treadmill which I haven't done in weeks. The twins are napping and I sent nephew and Hunter off to the mini mart. Hope everyone is enjoying the last of their weekend.



Cardstock: GP White, Indian Corn Blue (CTMH), PP: Kaiser crafts, Ink: Palette Noir Black, Indian Corn Blue (CTMH), Stamps: Billy (Pink Cat Studio), Other: Copics

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for Billy. Great cards.
Hugs,
em

Cathy said...

Cute card Katie! I love anything which is western themed - this set will be on my wish list now!
Great idea to use the designer paper this way.

Melissa said...

Wow!! I love your cowboy Billy card! The colours are great and I love the stars. Awesome!!

CurlyCraze said...

I'm glad the card I sent you arrived safely! Great card today :)

Carrie said...

Thanks for the kind words, your so sweet! These cards turned out great. I've been so consumed with planning my sister-in-laws baby shower I haven't been stamping much:( You always inspire me to get with it though and stamp:)

Heather said...

Love the Billy card! I just can't keep up w/you ;) Your copics shading looks awesome- don't be so hard on yourself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...