Friday, June 13, 2008

Last day of school cards

Today is the last day of school and Hunter is practically giddy about it - me not so giddy :) The class gathered money and got the teachers a nice gift certificate, but I wanted to make a thank you/happy summer cards. When I was thinking about cards, I immediately thought of my penguin stamps from Imaginisce. Those little penguins are the epitome of summer.

The card that has both the penguin boy and girl are for the student teacher who of course is graduating and is also getting married this summer. I stamped the girl penguin first, masked her and then stamped the boy penguin, then paper pieced the grass skirt and the board shorts. And of course, these days a card isn't a card without a little bit of stickles. I love them.

Here is the close up of the stickles and a bit of liquid glass for shine on the popsicle.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. Please hope for a bit more warmth for us today. We are headed off to a Mariner's game tonight - "I know we can win, I know we can win, I know we can win..."



Cardstock: GP White, Summer Sunrise (PTI), Collage Press Printed Paper, Clover Meadow (CTMH), Ink: Black, Clover Meadow (CTMH), Summer Sunrise (PTI), Stamps: Its a Shore Thing set (Imaginisce), Simple Blossoms, Say it in Style, Sans Small Caps (CTMH),Graduation (MSE), Other: Ribbon, Stickles, CTMH Liquid Glass, CTMH mini paper flowers, MM Slot Punch, Copics, Nestabilities

1 comment:

Heather said...

OMG Katie! These cards are so darn cute- dare I say they're even cuter than the card I 1st saw that inspired me to buy that penguin stamp. I just got that glaze @ CKC Buffalo & can't wait to use it. I've finally posted on my blog all the stuff I've been up to this past month. Check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...