Monday, June 16, 2008

Blessed Twice, Craft Critique Article, and Misc.

As many of you know, I am a mother of a set of twin boys and as such, I belong to my local multiples group. One of the things I signed up for was to be a mentor mom and the mom that I got assigned to just had her babies a week ago. We haven't had a chance to meet yet because of schedules and the such, but I have been in contact with her over the past few months. I'm hoping that I will be able to meet her and her family this weekend. Because of that, I wanted to put together just a small little greeting gift for her and I wanted it to be twin themed. So, all you designers out there, twins are becoming more prevalent and I think some stamp sets would be awesome with a twin theme!!!

There are a lot of stamps that I could have doubled up, but I really adore the little skunk from Clear Dollar Stamps called Cute Critters plus the the sentiment that comes with the set. So what I did was stamped the skunk then masked and stamped another one. My mother had boy/girl twins so instead of coloring my skunks, I colored my flowers - one boy colored and one girl colored. The sentiment just said "Congratulations on your little stinker" and I needed it to say "stinkers" so I just inked up a larger "s" from another sentiment and just added that onto the end - perfect!

For the nugget box, I also used a CDS stamp set called Too Sweet and made girl and boy nuggets. I used my Scor-pal to make my nugget box and I tell you its the only way to go. Click -->HERE<-- for all the details. Cardstock: Kraft, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart (PTI), GP White, Ink: Palette Noir Black, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist (PTI), Stamps: Too Sweet, Cute Critters (Clear Dollar Stamps), Other: PTI Ribbon, Copics, Nestabilities, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Scor-pal
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I get to go to the Copics Certification class in Seattle tomorrow - woo hoo. I'm very excited to do that. I also have an article running over at Craft Critique today as well about CTMH's Ribbon Rounds as an embellishment. Here is the card that I made for the article.
Everything is CTMH unless noted.
Cardstock: Bamboo, Olive, Cocoa, PP is Rustic Trail Level 2, Ink: Olive, Stamps: Fun Times, Other: Ribbon (retired), SU! Label Punch, EK Success Corner rounder (for scallops), Hole Punch

And finally, today we are off to swim again and hopefully Will will stay in the water today, although its pretty chilly out. Keep those fingers crossed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day everyone!

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Katie - This is incredibly clever and so cute! WOW!

IamDerby said...

Adorable!! And let me be the first to congratulate you on your PTI HONORABLE MENTION!!! Whoooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Niki Estes said...

Love the nugget box! Congrats on the honorable mention!! Can't wait to hear what you learned at the copic training. :)

Heather said...

Adorable! I agree there isn't enough twin stuff ;)

Anonymous said...

Way cute katie! What can I say you've got talent!

Unknown said...

Totally adorable! Love the colors ;o) How totally creative! Love it.

Enfys said...

Katie, these projects are just outstanding, I love the delicate colours on the twins project, and those little frogs are adorable x

Anonymous said...

The twin gift is adorable! That skunk is my favorite critter from that set.

Theresa Tyree said...

You kicked butt on these cards, girl! I love that skunky card! IT's so adorable! And I love all the ribbons on the frog card! Cute! Cute!

Carrie said...

What a great idea! I might have to borrow it:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...