Sunday, April 20, 2008

Nisqually Wildlife Refuge Layout

Good morning!!! Yay, my hubby surprised me by coming home early! He not only surprised me, but scared the you know what out of me when he popped open the door last night at 9:30pm.

Well today I thought I would share something different. I finally got going on scrapbooking last year's family vacation. I decided that I wanted to do just one album for our vacation. We took a relatively short trip to California last summer, but had a lot of stops and took a lot of pictures.

So here is the very first day of our trip. We decided to stop and take a little break at the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge. I have passed this exit too many times to count and we had never visited. Anyway, I'm glad that we did. Its so peaceful and well maintained and it turned out to be a great break. We'll definitely have to stop again some day.

So here are a couple of layouts of our stop there. I also noticed that my title isn't really correct. For some reason, I had the word Valley stuck in my head, but I really should have River or Delta instead. I can always fix it later.

I used my cricut to cut the title - I like large, bold titles for my layouts. I didn't have that "perfect" paper, so I just random stamped my own backgrounds with a variety of leaf stamps that I had. I'm a pretty simple, cut and dried scrapbooker, but I keep thinking the layouts are on the plain side. Its definitely much different going from making cards to making 12x12 layouts. I need to find my scrapbooking groove.

Ingredients: CTMH Cardstock, Cricut die cuts, CTMH Ribbon and buttons, CTMH inks, Misc. Leaf Stamps

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jak Heath said...

Hi Katie, love the new layouts.
I mentioned you on my blog if you care to have a peek.
Jak x

Anonymous said...

Katie,
how beautiful is that park.
Love the layouts.
em

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...