Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'm in love with Hanna


I've been seeing Hanna cards everywhere, or at least everywhere I looked (haha) so I finally ordered my first one, plus a couple of Rileys, but I haven't gotten to those yet...

Anyway, I paper pieced her dress which really reminded me a little of all those paper dolls I use to like playing with. Then I colored the rest of her with my new copics which I ordered from Eclectic Paperie - they are an awesome shopping stop! I absolutely love my copics so far. It was really like I was putting her together and it was so satisfying when she was all "dressed". I thought she shaded pretty well, but I'm still working on this aspect of using copics. I've read about lots of people going to trainings on using copics and I hope one comes near me sometime.

Side note: Yeah! Today is my birthday and my hubby comes home! Every year though when my birthday comes around and I always joke with my family and friend that I'm a) lucky to be here in the states, because if we were all in Korea we would all be a year older (I was told that Koreans traditionally are considered 1 when they are born - if this incorrect please let me know) and b) maybe I'm even younger because since I was adopted there was no official record of my birth, just what a 4 1/2 year old would say. Hmmm... no, I am very happy to call myself 37 - Yikes! that looks awfully close to 40. (I'm lol right now, ok I'm actually col (coughing out loud)).

Cardstock: Amethyst, Smokey Plum (CTMH), Printed Paper: Paper Pizazz (Hot off the Press), Ink: Noir (Palette ink), Stamps: But I need it... (Hanna Stamps), Other: Flower (Bazzill), Bling (CTMH), Copics

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

4 comments:

Silly Skittles said...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY! I would say that 37 looks like 37, and 40 looks completely different...and still far away! :)

Hope you had a wonderful birthday with your family...not Korean, so I have no idea about the age question...I would be all against that though, if it makes me one year older...

Just to put it out there, before you mentioned your age, I thought you were still in your twenties... no lies!

Heather said...

Happy belated birthday Katie! I think your copics coloring turned out great! I'm looking to at least get a "skin-toned" one for my bellas. These hannas are great too but I can live w/o them for now being so busy w/my bellas :)

Krysta said...

Adorable! I think *I* need it!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the BEST BIRTHDAY! Hope it's a good one and you go do something fun! Love this card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...