Ok guys/gals, here is my project. This really was a difficult challenge. Ribbon makes great accents, but due to the texture and limitations of size, it was kind of hard to figure soemthing out unique that we haven't seen before (thanks Charlene and Penny).
So yes, I ended up with what I'm sure everyone else thought of first and that was a flower made out of ribbon which is very similar to the cute ribbon flowers that are on Penny's gorgeous card. But I also really wanted the stem and leaves to be from ribbons too, so what I ended up doing was folding up the moss green ribbon and then ironed the folds in. Then, because I didn't have the exact color match for thread, I took white thread and tapped it onto the moss green ink pad to color it. It worked fabulously and then I took the thread and hand sewed my stem onto my cardstock which a) kept it in place and b) added some texture to the stem. The leaves I just wrapped around and tacked together. The fraying is something that is a pain, but I was too lazy to use fray check so I was just careful.
I also wanted to do a little stamping so I used the Boxes, Bags, Tags stamp for the center of my flower. I really need a 1 3/8" punch, but I had to settle for my 1 1/2" punch which is just that "skosh" too big. I layered that onto the SU! scallop punch to finish up the center of the flower.
I also had to make the card big because my flower was so big. The card is a 5x7. If I ever make another one, I would move my sentiment up and put a photo corner on the right bottom (SU! photo corner punch).
I love the new paper, especially the patterned paper and Berry Sorbet! Something else I can't get enough of is the swiss dot cuttlebug folder. Its awesome!
(Everything is Papertrey ink) Cardstock: Berry Sorbet, Pink Patterned Paper, Ink: Black palette, Berry Sorbet Palette, Stamps: Boxes, Bags and Tags, Women of Life, Ribbon: Berry Sorbet, Moss Green, Other: Cuttlebug embossing folder, thread
I hope you guys like it!
Ok, here is another one that I did too. Again, I learned something. I was wanting the the ribbon to be raised off the card (like a frame), so I used pop dots, but the ribbon isn't sturdy enough and you can see the pop dots underneath the ribbon. Well, as many of you know, when you get pop dots on they are stuck and when I tried, the ribbon started really fraying so... Next time, I would either do 2 or more layers of ribbon, use some Stiffy or something equivalent, or just regular ole' tape runner.
99% everything PTI - Cardstock: Stamper's select white, Berry Sorbet, Ink: Moss Green, Berry Sorbet, Cocoa (CTMH), Stamps: Out on a Limb, Shapes by Design, Ribbon: Moss Green, Other: Flower Punch, White Brads
Hope you Likey :)
Ok, one more idea that I didn't get time to figure out, but the ribbon gathers very nicely. It's rather bulky, but still looks pretty.