Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sketch Card

Hi all! I wanted to do the sketch for Card Positioning Systems and this week you have the opportunity to win fabulous blog candy for playing. Just Rite Stampers is sponsoring this week's sketch. Go check out the great sketch and the Just Rite Stamps set up for grabs, which looks like a total must have. Just something else to add to the looonnngg list.

Big surprise, but I reached for my Papertrey stuff to make my card. I've been so purple lately, I thought I would reach for a different color. I used the Kraft cardstock as my base and then used stamps from Honey Bees for my focal point. Then I added my mat accents by cutting 2 different scallop sizes from my square nestabiliteis. I added a bit of ribbon and of course had to add just a touch of bling by putting some stickles in the centers of the large flowers. The sentiment is from a Close to my Heart set I have. I thought about adding some stuff to my corners, but I decided to let it bee (haha, get it?)

Here's a close up of those awesome stickles. I've been reading all the CHA chatter and there is supposed to be even more stickles coming out. Can't wait to see what those are like. Someday I REALLY want to go.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!



Cardstock: Georgia Pacific White, Kraft, Aqua Mist, Moss Green (Papertrey ink)
Printed Paper: Everyday Blessings (Papertrey ink)
Ink: Baby Pink, Grey Wool (CTMH), Moss Green, Lemon Tart (Papertrey ink)
Stamps: Honey Bees (Papertrey ink), Happy Birthday (CTMH)
Other: Nestabilities (square and rectangle), Stickles, Ribbon

5 comments:

IamDerby said...

Really cute card Katie, I love that honey bee set.

Lauren said...

This is so pretty. I do think I want this set.

Mandy said...

Katie, this is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So in love with your colors! I also really like that double scallop edge. Great use of the CPS sketch.

Charity Hassel said...

love those dainty, pretty flowers and super use of the cps sketch this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...